Associate Professor Graham A. Moore
- Engineering Education
- Systems Thinking applied to climate adaptation
Assoc. Prof. Graham Moore is an Education Specialist in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
As part of the 2012 Vice Chancellor’s Awards a number of Engineering and IT staff and students were recognised for their community projects. Dr Graham Moore from the Department of Infrastructure Engineering was also honoured for his role as project mentor in the Ilahita Expedition, conducted with students from the Melbourne University Community Development Club. This student project, developed by members of the Melbourne University Community Development Club (MUCDC), involves a working relationship with the remote village of Ilahita, Papua New Guinea.
Although the University’s partnership with Ilahita began with an engineering focus in 2008, the collaboration has grown to be inter-disciplinary, with team members now including students from the faculties of Arts, Commerce, Engineering and Law and this year, students from the faculties of Engineering, Arts, Commerce and Law took part in the expedition.
Each year, groups of students travel to the village of Ilahita in Papua New Guinea to work on projects aiming to improve the wellbeing and living standards of the community.
- Biswas Chowdhury R, Moore G. Floating agriculture: a potential cleaner production technique for climate change adaptation and sustainable community development in Bangladesh. JOURNAL OF CLEANER PRODUCTION. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 150.
- Simangunsong BCH, Sitanggang VJ, Manurung EGT, Rahmadi A, Moore G, Aye L, Tambunan AH. Potential forest biomass resource as feedstock for bioenergy and its economic value in Indonesia. Forest Policy and Economics. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 81.
- Biswas Chowdhury R, Moore G, Weatherley A, Arora M. A novel substance flow analysis model for analysing multi-year phosphorus flow at the regional scale. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 572.
- McGain F, Moore G, Black J. Hospital steam sterilizer usage: could we switch off to save electricity and water?. JOURNAL OF HEALTH SERVICES RESEARCH & POLICY. Royal Society of Medicine Press. 2016, Vol. 21, Issue 3.
- Moore G, Stevens R, McPherson G. Videoconferencing for teaching and learning using highly interactive pedagogy. 26th Annual Conference of the Australasian Association of Engineering Education (AAEE). 2015. Editors: Oo A, Patel A, Hilditch T, Chandran S.
- Biswas Chowdhury R, Moore G, Weatherley A, Arora M. A review of recent substance flow analyses of phosphorus to identify priority management areas at different geographical scales. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. Elsevier Science. 2014, Vol. 83.
- Romeijn H, Faggian R, Sposito V, Moore G. Agricultural land suitability uncertainty determination using weight sensitivity for climatic inputs in a current and future timeframe. Practical Responses to Climate Change. Engineers Australia. 2014.
- Rahmadi A, Aye L, Moore G. An analysis of the feasibility and implications of using crude palm oil as renewable fuel for electricity generation in Indonesia. Proceedings of the 52nd Annual Conference, Australian Solar Energy Society (Australian Solar Council). Australian Solar Energy Society. 2014, Vol. 1, Issue 1.
- Rahmadi A, Aye L, Moore G. The feasibility and implications for conventional liquid fossil fuel of the Indonesian biofuel target in 2025. Energy Policy. Pergamon. 2013, Vol. 61.
- Moore G. Conceptualising and thinking about environmental systems. Reshaping Environments: An interdisciplinary approach to sustainability in a complex world. Cambridge University Press. 2012.
- Candy S, Moore G, Freere P. Design and modeling of a greenhouse for a remote region in Nepal . Procedia Engineering. Elsevier BV. 2012, Vol. 49.
- Prpic J, Moore G. E-Portfolios as a Quantitative and Qualitative Means of Demonstrating Learning Outcomes and Competencies in Engineering. Outcome-Based Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Education: Innovative Practices. IGI Global. 2012. Editors: Yusof K, Azli N, Kosnin A, Yusof S, Yusof Y.
- Moore G, Prpic J. Language Characteristics of Reflective Writing. 2012 Australasian Association for Engineering Education Conference. Australasian Association for Engineering Education. 2012.
- Moore G. Meeting development goals without blowing your carbon budget. Reshaping Environments: An interdisciplinary approach to sustainability in a complex world. Cambridge University Press. 2012.
- Upadhyaya JK, Moore G. Sustainability indicators for wastewater reuse systems and their application to two small systems in rural Victoria, Australia. Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering. NRC Research Press. 2012, Vol. 39, Issue 6.
Level: 04 Room: D420
Engineering Block D, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83446808
F: +61 3 83446215
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile