Professor Priyan Mendis
- Fire behaviour of structures
- High-strength concrete
- Modelling and durability of Infrastructure, New Construction and Defence Materials, Sustainable Infrastructure (Tall Buildings, Bridges, Disaster Management)
- Nanotechnology in Construction, Structural BioEngineering
- Protective Technology of Structures (Blast effects)
- Testing and Assessment of infrastructure (Non destructive testing)
- Wind effects on Tall buildings
Priyan Mendis is a Professor in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering and the Leader of the Advanced Protective Technology of Engineering Structures Group. He was also the Convener of the ARC Research Network for a Secure Australia (RNSA) from 2004 -2011.
Prof Mendis obtained his PhD from Monash University, Australia.
He is also the Director of the ARC Centre for Advanced Manufacturing of Prefabricated Housing Research interests
- Protective technology of structures
-Smart Infrastructure, design, assessment and monitoring
- Seismic design of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures
- Design of tall buildings and bridges
- Disaster mitigation and management
- Sustainable infrastructure
He is also a member of several institutions including: Institution of Engineering, Concrete Institute of Australia and American Concrete Institute.
- Herath N, Mendis P, Zhang L. A probabilistic study of ground motion simulation for Bangkok soil. BULLETIN OF EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING. Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 15, Issue 5.
- Kashani A, Ngo T, Mendis P, Black J, Hajimohammadi A. A sustainable application of recycled tyre crumbs as insulator in lightweight cellular concrete. Journal of Cleaner Production. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 149.
- Hajimohammadi A, Ngo T, Mendis P, Kashani A, Van Deventer JSJ. Alkali activated slag foams: The effect of the alkali reaction on foam characteristics. JOURNAL OF CLEANER PRODUCTION. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 147.
- Wijayasundara M, Crawford R, Mendis P. Comparative assessment of embodied energy of recycled aggregate concrete. JOURNAL OF CLEANER PRODUCTION. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 152.
- Wijayasundara M, Mendis P, Ngo T. Comparative assessment of the benefits associated with the absorption of CO2 with the use of RCA in structural concrete. Journal of Cleaner Production. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 158.
- Rupasinghe M, Mendis P, Ngo T, Sofi M. Compressive strength prediction of nano-silica incorporated cement systems based on a multiscale approach. MATERIALS & DESIGN. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 115.
- Maizuar M, Zhang L, Miramini S, Mendis P, Thompson R. Detecting structural damage to bridge girders using radar interferometry and computational modelling. Structural Control and Health Monitoring. 2017.
- Almusallam T, Al-Salloum Y, Ngo T, Mendis P, Abbas H. Experimental investigation of progressive collapse potential of ordinary and special moment-resisting reinforced concrete frames. Materials and Structures/Materiaux et Constructions. Springer. 2017, Vol. 50, Issue 2.
- Rupasinghe M, San Nicolas R, Mendis P, Sofi M, Ngo T. Investigation of strength and hydration characteristics in nano-silica incorporated cement paste. Cement and Concrete Composites. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 80.
- Kafle B, Zhang L, Mendis P, Herath N, Maizuar M, Duffield C, Thompson R. Monitoring the Dynamic Behavior of The Merlynston Creek Bridge Using Interferometric Radar Sensors and Finite Element Modeling. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF APPLIED MECHANICS. Imperial College Press. 2017, Vol. 9, Issue 1.
- Wu D, Aye L, Ngo T, Mendis P. Optimisation and financial analysis of an organic Rankine cycle cooling system driven by facade integrated solar collectors. APPLIED ENERGY. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 185.
- Hajimohammadi A, Ngo T, Mendis P, Nguyen T, Kashani A, Van Deventer JSJ. Pore characteristics in one-part mix geopolymers foamed by H2O2: The impact of mix design. Materials and Design. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 130.
- Hajimohammadi A, Ngo T, Mendis P, Sanjayan J. Regulating the chemical foaming reaction to control the porosity of geopolymer foams. MATERIALS & DESIGN. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 120.
- Maranan GB, Manalo AC, Benmokrane B, Karunasena W, Mendis P. Shear Behavior of Geopolymer Concrete Beams Reinforced with Glass Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Bars. ACI STRUCTURAL JOURNAL. American Concrete Institute. 2017, Vol. 114, Issue 2.
- Abdul Samad AA, Hassen DR, Mohamad N, Attiyah AN, Jayaprakash J, Mendis P. Shear Rehabilitation of RC Deep Beams using NSM CFRP Anchor Bars. MATEC Web of Conferences. 2017, Vol. 103.
Level: 04 Room: 416
Engineering Block D, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83447244
F: +61 3 83444616
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile