Associate Professor Nick Haritos
- Computers in modelling, simulation and control (experiment design)
- Condition/capacity assessment of bridge structures
- Experimental modal analysis testing
- Human-induced vibration of floors and stadia
- Hydrodynamic Response of Offshore Structures
- Structural dynamics of both land-based and offshore structures including floor and structural vibrations
- Varmazyar M, Haritos N, Kirley M. A wavelet-based Bayesian damage identification technique using an evolutionary algorithm. Australian Journal of Structural Engineering. Institution of Engineers Australia. 2016.
- Haritos N. Simulation of wind and wave loading via the spectral equal area random phase method. 24th Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials (ACMSM). 2016. Editors: Hao H, Zhang C.
- Varmazyar M, Haritos N, Kirley M. A Bayesian damage identification technique using evolutionary algorithms -A comparative study. Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering. Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering International. 2015, Vol. 14, Issue 1.
- Mahmood S, Haritos N, Gad E, Zhang L. A multi-reference-based mode selection approach for the implementation of NExT-ERA in modal-based damage detection. Structural Control and Health Monitoring. John Wiley & Sons. 2014, Vol. 21, Issue 8.
- Nguyen T, Gad E, Wilson J, Haritos N. Mitigating footfall-induced vibration in long-span floors. Australian Journal of Structural Engineering. Institution of Engineers Australia. 2014, Vol. 15, Issue 1.
- Varmazyar M, Haritos N, Kirley M. Structural damage identification using power spectral density and an evolutionary algorithm. 11th International Conference on Structural Safety and Reliabity (ICOSSAR). CRC Press. 2014.
- Herath N, Mendis P, Ngo T, Haritos N. Displacement based design method for outrigger braced tall buildings. From Materials to Structures: Advancement Through Innovation - Proceedings of the 22nd Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials, ACMSM 2012. 2013.
- Varmazyar M, Haritos N, Kirley M, Peterson T. A One Stage Damage Detection Technique Using Spectral Density Analysis and Parallel Genetic Algorithms. 4th Asia-Pacific Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring. IEEE Press. 2012.
- Bayissa WL, Haritos N. Comparative Study of Two Optimization Methods for Structural Damage Severity Estimation. Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering. Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering International. 2012, Vol. 12, Issue 1.
- Varmazyar M, Haritos N, Kirley M. Damage severity estimation using Parallel Genetic Algorithm and power spectral density. 22nd Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials. 2012.
- Nguyen T, Gad E, Wilson J, Haritos N. Improving a current method for predicting walking-induced floor vibration . Steel & Composite Structures. Techno-Press. 2012, Vol. 13, Issue 2.
- Nguyen TH, Saidi I, Gad EF, Wilson JL, Haritos N. Performance of Distributed Multiple Viscoelastic Tuned Mass Dampers for Floor Vibration Applications. Advances in Structural Engineering - An International Journal. Multi-Science Publishing. 2012, Vol. 15, Issue 3.
- Varmazyar M, Haritos N, Gad E. Genetic Algorithm-based Approach for Bayesian Damage Identification Using Spectral Density Analysis in Beam-like Structures. 2011 AEES Conferences. Australian Earthquake Engineering Society. 2011.
- Gad E, Nguyen T, Wilson JL, Haritos N. Design of multiple viscoelastic tuned mass dampers for floor vibration applications. 2010 ACMSM. 2010.
- Lam N, Tsang H, Ngo T, Haritos N, Wilson JL. Development of locally representative seismic hazard models. International Conference on Sustainable Built Environments (ICSBE 2010). University of Moratuwa. 2010, Vol. 1.
Level: 02 Room: 209
Engineering Block D, Parkville
University of Melbourne
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile