Professor Stephan Winter
- Disaster management, emergency response, evacuation
- Human orientation, wayfinding and navigation
- Intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and computational transportation science
- Mapping (crowd sourcing, volunteered geographic information)
- Mobile geosensor networks
- Smart Cities (smart transport, urban analytics)
- Spatial cognitive engineering, spatial cognition
- Spatial data mining and geographic information retrieval
Stephan Winter is Professor for Spatial Information Science in the Department of Infrastructure Engineeering at The University of Melbourne.
- Maiti S, Winter S, Kulik L. A conceptualization of vehicle platoons and platoon operations. TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH PART C-EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 80.
- Wang Y, Winter S, Ronald N. How much is trust: The cost and benefit of ridesharing with friends. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 65.
- Truelove M, Khoshelham K, McLean S, Winter S, Vasardani M. Identifying Witness Accounts from Social Media Using Imagery. ISPRS INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEO-INFORMATION. MDPI AG. 2017, Vol. 6, Issue 4.
- Zhao H, Winter S, Tomko M. Integrating decentralized indoor evacuation with information depositories in the field. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. 2017, Vol. 6, Issue 7.
- Ronald N, Navidikashani Z, Wang Y, Rigby M, Jain S, Kutadinata R, Thompson R, Winter S. Mobility Patterns in Shared, Autonomous, and Connected Urban Transport. Disrupting Mobility: Impacts of Sharing Economy and Innovative Transportation on Cities. Springer International Publishing. 2017. Editors: Meyer G, Shaheen S.
- LÖwen H, Schwering A, Krukar J, Winter S. Perspectives in externalizations of mental spatial representations. Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography. 2017.
- Zhou S, Winter S, Vasardani M, Zhou S. Place descriptions by landmarks. JOURNAL OF SPATIAL SCIENCE. Spatial Sciences Institute. 2017, Vol. 62, Issue 1.
- Jain S, Ronald N, Thompson R, Winter S. Predicting susceptibility to use demand responsive transport using demographic and trip characteristics of the population. Travel Behaviour and Society. 2017, Vol. 6.
- Kim J, Vasardani M, Winter S. Similarity matching for integrating spatial information extracted from place descriptions. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SCIENCE. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2017, Vol. 31, Issue 1.
- Ronald N, Thompson R, Winter S. Simulating ad-hoc demand-responsive transportation: a comparison of three approaches. TRANSPORTATION PLANNING AND TECHNOLOGY. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2017, Vol. 40, Issue 3.
- Das R, Winter S. A context-sensitive conceptual framework for activity modeling. Journal of Spatial Information Science. University of Maine. 2016, Vol. 12, Issue 2016.
- Rigby M, Winter S, Krueger A. A Continuous Representation of Ad Hoc Ridesharing Potential. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016, Vol. 17, Issue 10.
- Zhao H, Winter S. A Time-Aware Routing Map for Indoor Evacuation. SENSORS. Molecular Diversity Preservation International. 2016, Vol. 16, Issue 1.
- Arundel J, Winter S, Gui G, Keatley M. A web-based application for beekeepers to visualise patterns of growth in floral resources using MODIS data. ENVIRONMENTAL MODELLING & SOFTWARE. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 83.
- Wang Y, Kutadinata R, Winter S. Activity-based ridesharing: Increasing flexibility by time geography. 24TH ACM SIGSPATIAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ADVANCES IN GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS (ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS 2016). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016. Editors: Ali M, Newsam S, Ravada S, Renz M, Trajcevski G.
Level: 03 Room: B305
Engineering Block B, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83447875
F: +61 3 83446215
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile