Professor Stephan Winter
- Disaster management, emergency response, evacuation
- Human orientation, wayfinding and navigation
- Intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and computational transportation science
- Mapping (crowd sourcing, volunteered geographic information)
- Mobile geosensor networks
- Smart Cities (smart transport, urban analytics)
- Spatial cognitive engineering, spatial cognition
- Spatial data mining and geographic information retrieval
Stephan Winter is Professor for Spatial Information Science in the Department of Infrastructure Engineeering at The University of Melbourne.
- Ronald N, Navidikashani Z, Wang Y, Rigby M, Jain S, Kutadinata R, Thompson R, Winter S. Mobility Patterns in Shared, Autonomous, and Connected Urban Transport. Disrupting Mobility: Impacts of Sharing Economy and Innovative Transportation on Cities. Springer International Publishing. 2017. Editors: Meyer G, Shaheen S.
- Zhou S, Winter S, Vasardani M, Zhou S. Place descriptions by landmarks. JOURNAL OF SPATIAL SCIENCE. Spatial Sciences Institute. 2017, Vol. 62, Issue 1.
- Jain S, Ronald N, Thompson R, Winter S. Predicting susceptibility to use demand responsive transport using demographic and trip characteristics of the population. Travel Behaviour and Society. 2017, Vol. 6.
- Kim J, Vasardani M, Winter S. Similarity matching for integrating spatial information extracted from place descriptions. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SCIENCE. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2017, Vol. 31, Issue 1.
- Das R, Winter S. A context-sensitive conceptual framework for activity modeling. Journal of Spatial Information Science. University of Maine. 2016, Vol. 12, Issue 2016.
- Rigby M, Winter S, Krueger A. A Continuous Representation of Ad Hoc Ridesharing Potential. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016, Vol. 17, Issue 10.
- Zhao H, Winter S. A Time-Aware Routing Map for Indoor Evacuation. SENSORS. Molecular Diversity Preservation International. 2016, Vol. 16, Issue 1.
- Arundel J, Winter S, Gui G, Keatley M. A web-based application for beekeepers to visualise patterns of growth in floral resources using MODIS data. ENVIRONMENTAL MODELLING & SOFTWARE. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 83.
- Wang Y, Kutadinata R, Winter S. Activity-based ridesharing: Increasing flexibility by time geography. 24th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). 2016. Editors: Ali M, Newsaw S, Ravada S, Renz M, Trajcevski G.
- Das R, Winter S. Automated Urban Travel Interpretation: A Bottom-up Approach for Trajectory Segmentation. SENSORS. Molecular Diversity Preservation International. 2016, Vol. 16, Issue 11.
- Agatz N, Bazzan A, Kutadinata R, Mattfeld C, Sester M, Winter S, Wolfson O. Autonomous car and ride sharing: flexible road trains. 24th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Association for Computing Machinery. 2016. Editors: Ali M, Newsam S, Ravada S, Renz M, Trajcevski G.
- Navidikashani Z, Ronald N, Winter S. Comparing Demand Responsive and Conventional Public Transport in a Low Demand Context. 2016 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON PERVASIVE COMPUTING AND COMMUNICATION WORKSHOPS (PERCOM WORKSHOPS). IEEE. 2016.
- Kutadinata R, Thompson R, Winter S. Cost-efficient Co-modal Ride-sharing Scheme Through Anticipatory Dynamic Optimisation. 23rd ITS World Congress (ITS). 2016.
- Winter S, Chen X, Xu B. Current computational transportation science. GEOINFORMATICA. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2016, Vol. 20, Issue 2.
- Das R, Winter S. Detecting Urban Transport Modes Using a Hybrid Knowledge Driven Framework from GPS Trajectory. ISPRS INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEO-INFORMATION. MDPI AG. 2016, Vol. 5, Issue 11.
Level: 03 Room: B305
Engineering Block B, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83447875
F: +61 3 83446215
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile