Professor Stephan Winter
- Disaster management, emergency response, evacuation
- Human orientation, wayfinding and navigation
- Intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and computational transportation science
- Mapping (crowd sourcing, volunteered geographic information)
- Mobile geosensor networks
- Smart Cities (smart transport, urban analytics)
- Spatial cognitive engineering, spatial cognition
- Spatial data mining and geographic information retrieval
Stephan Winter is Professor for Spatial Information Science in the Department of Infrastructure Engineeering at The University of Melbourne.
- Truelove M, Khoshelham K, McLean S, Winter S, Vasardani M. Identifying Witness Accounts from Social Media Using Imagery. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. 2017, Vol. 6, Issue 4.
- Ronald N, Navidikashani Z, Wang Y, Rigby M, Jain S, Kutadinata R, Thompson R, Winter S. Mobility Patterns in Shared, Autonomous, and Connected Urban Transport. Disrupting Mobility: Impacts of Sharing Economy and Innovative Transportation on Cities. Springer International Publishing. 2017. Editors: Meyer G, Shaheen S.
- LÖwen H, Schwering A, Krukar J, Winter S. Perspectives in externalizations of mental spatial representations. Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography. 2017.
- Zhou S, Winter S, Vasardani M, Zhou S. Place descriptions by landmarks. JOURNAL OF SPATIAL SCIENCE. Spatial Sciences Institute. 2017, Vol. 62, Issue 1.
- Jain S, Ronald N, Thompson R, Winter S. Predicting susceptibility to use demand responsive transport using demographic and trip characteristics of the population. Travel Behaviour and Society. 2017, Vol. 6.
- Kim J, Vasardani M, Winter S. Similarity matching for integrating spatial information extracted from place descriptions. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SCIENCE. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2017, Vol. 31, Issue 1.
- Das R, Winter S. A context-sensitive conceptual framework for activity modeling. Journal of Spatial Information Science. University of Maine. 2016, Vol. 12, Issue 2016.
- Rigby M, Winter S, Krueger A. A Continuous Representation of Ad Hoc Ridesharing Potential. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016, Vol. 17, Issue 10.
- Zhao H, Winter S. A Time-Aware Routing Map for Indoor Evacuation. SENSORS. Molecular Diversity Preservation International. 2016, Vol. 16, Issue 1.
- Arundel J, Winter S, Gui G, Keatley M. A web-based application for beekeepers to visualise patterns of growth in floral resources using MODIS data. ENVIRONMENTAL MODELLING & SOFTWARE. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 83.
- Wang Y, Kutadinata R, Winter S. Activity-based ridesharing: Increasing flexibility by time geography. 24th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). 2016. Editors: Ali M, Newsaw S, Ravada S, Renz M, Trajcevski G.
- Das R, Winter S. Automated Urban Travel Interpretation: A Bottom-up Approach for Trajectory Segmentation. SENSORS. Molecular Diversity Preservation International. 2016, Vol. 16, Issue 11.
- Agatz N, Bazzan A, Kutadinata R, Mattfeld C, Sester M, Winter S, Wolfson O. Autonomous car and ride sharing: flexible road trains. 24th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Association for Computing Machinery. 2016. Editors: Ali M, Newsam S, Ravada S, Renz M, Trajcevski G.
- Navidikashani Z, Ronald N, Winter S. Comparing Demand Responsive and Conventional Public Transport in a Low Demand Context. 2016 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON PERVASIVE COMPUTING AND COMMUNICATION WORKSHOPS (PERCOM WORKSHOPS). IEEE. 2016.
- Gupta S, Vasardani M, Winter S. Conventionalized gestures for the interaction of people in traffic with autonomous vehicles. 9th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on Computational Transportation Science (IWCTS). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016.
Level: 03 Room: B305
Engineering Block B, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83447875
F: +61 3 83446215
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile