- Baines P, Sacks S. The Generation and Propagation of Atmospheric Internal Waves Caused by Volcanic Eruptions. ATMOSPHERE. MDPI AG. 2017, Vol. 8, Issue 3.
- Baines P, Hughes R. Comments on "The Interaction of an Eastward-Flowing Current and an Island: Sub- and Supercritical Flow". JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL OCEANOGRAPHY. American Meteorological Society. 2016, Vol. 46, Issue 7.
- Baines P. Internal hydraulic jumps in two-layer systems. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2016, Vol. 787.
- Baines P, Johnson ER. Non-linear Topographic Effects in Two-Layer Flows. Frontiers in Earth Science. 2016, Vol. 4.
- Baines P, Henley B. The effect of global dynamical factors on the interannual variability of land-based rainfall. Dynamics and Predictability of Large-Scale, High-Impact Weather and Climate Events. Cambridge University Press. 2016. Editors: Li J, Swinbank R, Grotjahn R, Volkert H.
- Baines P, Sacks S. Atmospheric internal waves generated by explosive volcanic eruptions. ERUPTION OF SOUFRIERE HILLS VOLCANO, MONTSERRAT FROM 2000 TO 2010. Geological Society Publishing House. 2014, Vol. 39, Issue 1. Editors: Wadge G, Robertson REA, Voight B.
- Baines P. Plumes, entrainment and B.R. Morton. AUSTRALIAN METEOROLOGICAL AND OCEANOGRAPHIC JOURNAL. Bureau of Meteorology. 2014, Vol. 64, Issue 1.
- Baines P. The dynamics of intrusions into a density-stratified crossflow. Physics of Fluids. American Institute of Physics. 2013, Vol. 25, Issue 7.
- Prentice COLIN, Baines P, Scholze MARKO, Wooster MARTIN. Fundamentals of Climate Change Science. Understanding the Earth System - Global Change Science for Application. Cambridge University Press. 2012.
- Baines P. Stratified Hydraulics. Handbook of Environmental Fluid Dynamics, Volume One: Overview and Fundamentals. CRC Press. 2012. Editors: Fernando HJS.
- Baines P. Patterns of decadal climate variability and their impact on global rainfall. Procedia - Environmental Sciences. Elsevier BV. 2011, Vol. 6.
- Baines P. A model for the structure of the Antarctic Slope Front. Deep Sea Research Part II. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2009, Vol. 56, Issue 13-14.
- Baines P, Jones MT, Sparks RSJ. The variation of large-magnitude volcanic ash cloud formation with source latitude (vol 113, art no D21204, 2009). JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH-ATMOSPHERES. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2009, Vol. 114.
- Baines P. Lorenz, E.N. 1963: Deterministic nonperiodic flow. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 20, 130–41.1. Progress in Physical Geography. Arnold Hodder Headline. 2008, Vol. 32, Issue 4.
- Baines P. Mixing in downslope flows in the ocean - plumes versus gravity currents. Atmosphere - Ocean. Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society. 2008, Vol. 46, Issue 4.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile