Dr Asal Bidarmaghz
- 3D FE Modelling
- Geothermal Technologies
- Heat Transfer, Fluid flow, CFD Modelling
- Subsurface Flow and Porous Medium
I received my B.Sc. (2004) and my M.Sc. (2008) in Mining Engineering (Extraction) from University of Tehran, IRAN. My M.Sc. thesis was defined on new algorithm for optimization of cut-off grade in open pit mining. I graduated with PhD in civil engineering (Geothermal technologies) from The University of Melbourne in March 2015. Working with the Geotechnical Engineering group, my PhD research area was mainly on shallow geothermal technologies with emphasis on development of a new FE method to simulate and analyse geothermal plants. Since March 2015 I have been working as a research fellow at the Infrastructure Engineering Department (The University of Melbourne). My research area is a continuation of my PhD project and is mainly focused on numerical modelling of shallow geothermal technologies. My research interests include: • Geothermal technologies, • Numerical modelling, • Thermodynamics, fluid dynamics and CFD modelling, • Conductive-convective heat transfer and subsurface flow in porous media.
- Bidarmaghz A, Narsilio G, Johnston I, Colls S. The importance of surface air temperature fluctuations on long-term performance of vertical ground heat exchangers. GEOMECHANICS FOR ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 6.
- Narsilio G, Francisca F, Ferrero H, Bidarmaghz A, Serrano C, Carro Perez ME, Makasis N, Delacoste E. Geothermal Energy in Loess: A Detailed Numerical Case Study for Cordoba. 15th Pan-American Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (PCSMGE) / 8th South American Congress on Rock Mechanics (SCRM). IOS Press. 2015. Editors: Manzanal D, Sfriso AO.
- Narsilio G, Johnston I, Bidarmaghz A, Mikhaylova O, Kiviti-Manor A, Aditya G, Colls S. Geothermal Energy: Introducing an Emerging Technology. International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development (ACESD). 2014, Vol. 1.
- Bidarmaghz A, Narsilio G, Johnston I. Numerical modelling of ground heat exchangers with different ground loop configurations for direct geothermal applications. 18th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ICSMGE). Presses des Ponts. 2013, Vol. 1.
- Narsilio G, Johnston I, Colls S, Bidarmaghz A, Valizadeh Kivi A, Neshastehriz S. Direct geothermal energy research and demonstration projects for Victoria, Australia. 2012 World Congress on Advances in Civil, Environmental, and Materials. KAIST Press. 2012.
- Bidarmaghz A, Narsilio G, Johnston I. Numerical modelling of GHE configurations and geometry for direct geothermal applications. 2012 World Congress on Advances in Civil, Environmental, and Materials. KAIST Press. 2012.
- Bidarmaghz A, Narsilio G, Johnston I. Numerical modelling of ground loop configurations for direct geothermal applications. 11th Australia - New Zealand Conference on Geomechanics (ANZ 2012) Conference Proceedings. ANZ 2012. 2012.
- Bidarmaghz A, Narsilio G, Johnston I. Numerical modelling of ground loop configurations for direct geothermal applications. Australian Geomechanics. Australian Geomechanics Society. 2012, Vol. 47, Issue 4.
Level: 02 Room: 204
Engineering Block B, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83441293
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile