Dr Asal Bidarmaghz
- 3D FE Modelling
- Geothermal Technologies
- Heat Transfer, Fluid flow, CFD Modelling
- Subsurface Flow and Porous Medium
I received my B.Sc. (2004) and my M.Sc. (2008) in Mining Engineering (Extraction) from University of Tehran, IRAN. My M.Sc. thesis was defined on new algorithm for optimization of cut-off grade in open pit mining. I graduated with PhD in civil engineering (Geothermal technologies) from The University of Melbourne in March 2015. Working with the Geotechnical Engineering group, my PhD research area was mainly on shallow geothermal technologies with emphasis on development of a new FE method to simulate and analyse geothermal plants. Since March 2015 I have been working as a research fellow at the Infrastructure Engineering Department (The University of Melbourne). My research area is a continuation of my PhD project and is mainly focused on numerical modelling of shallow geothermal technologies. My research interests include: • Geothermal technologies, • Numerical modelling, • Thermodynamics, fluid dynamics and CFD modelling, • Conductive-convective heat transfer and subsurface flow in porous media.
- Zhou Y, Mikhaylova O, Bidarmaghz A, Donovan B, Narsilio G, Aye L. Hybrid geothermal-gas and geothermal-solar-gas heating systems for poultry sheds. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Zhou Y, Bidarmaghz A, Narsilio G, Aye L. Heating and cooling loads of a poultry shed in Central Coast, NSW, Australia. World Sustainable Built Environment Conference 2017 Hong Kong. 2017.
- Bidarmaghz A, Narsilio G, Buhmann P, Moormann C, Westrich B. Thermal interaction between tunnel ground heat exchangers and borehole heat exchangers. GEOMECHANICS FOR ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 10. DOI: 10.1016/j.gete.2017.05.001
- Buhmann P, Westrich B, Moormann C, Bidarmaghz A, Narsilio G. An investigation of the potential thermal energy of geothermal tunnels with focus on a case study in Stuttgart, Germany. Energy Geotechnics - Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Energy Geotechnics, ICEGT 2016. 2016.
- Makasis N, Narsilio G, Bidarmaghz A, Johnston I. Effects of ground heat exchanger variable pipe separation in ground-source heat pump systems. Energy Geotechnics - Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Energy Geotechnics, ICEGT 2016. 2016.
- Bidarmaghz A, Makasis N, Narsilio G, Francisca FM, Carro Perez ME. Geothermal energy in loess. ENVIRONMENTAL GEOTECHNICS-JOURNAL. ICE Publishing. 2016, Vol. 3, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1680/jenge.15.00025
- Jensen-Page L, Narsilio G, Bidarmaghz A, Johnston I. Impact of the Seasonal Variations in Ground Temperature on Thermal Response Test Results. Geotechnical Special Publication. American Society of Civil Engineers. 2016, Vol. 2016-January, Issue 270 GSP. DOI: 10.1061/9780784480137.006
- Bidarmaghz A, Narsilio G. Shallow geothermal energy: emerging convective phenomena in permeable saturated soils. GEOTECHNIQUE LETTERS. ICE Publishing. 2016, Vol. 6, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1680/jgele.15.00167
- Bidarmaghz A, Narsilio G, Johnston I, Colls S. The importance of surface air temperature fluctuations on long-term performance of vertical ground heat exchangers. GEOMECHANICS FOR ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 6. DOI: 10.1016/j.gete.2016.02.003
- Bidarmaghz A, Narsilio G. The influence of natural convection on thermal performance of ground heat exchangers. Energy Geotechnics - Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Energy Geotechnics, ICEGT 2016. 2016.
- Narsilio G, Francisca F, Ferrero H, Bidarmaghz A, Serrano C, Carro Perez ME, Makasis N, Delacoste E. Geothermal Energy in Loess: A Detailed Numerical Case Study for Cordoba. 15th Pan-American Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (PCSMGE) / 8th South American Congress on Rock Mechanics (SCRM). IOS Press. 2015. Editors: Manzanal D, Sfriso AO. DOI: 10.3233/978-1-61499-603-3-704
- Narsilio G, Johnston I, Bidarmaghz A, Mikhaylova O, Kiviti-Manor A, Aditya G, Colls S. Geothermal Energy: Introducing an Emerging Technology. International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development (ACESD). 2014, Vol. 1.
- Bidarmaghz A, Narsilio G, Johnston I. Numerical modelling of ground heat exchangers with different ground loop configurations for direct geothermal applications. 18th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ICSMGE). Presses des Ponts. 2013, Vol. 1.
- Narsilio G, Johnston I, Colls S, Bidarmaghz A, Valizadeh Kivi A, Neshastehriz S. Direct geothermal energy research and demonstration projects for Victoria, Australia. 2012 World Congress on Advances in Civil, Environmental, and Materials. KAIST Press. 2012.
- Bidarmaghz A, Narsilio G, Johnston I. Numerical modelling of GHE configurations and geometry for direct geothermal applications. 2012 World Congress on Advances in Civil, Environmental, and Materials. KAIST Press. 2012.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile