Associate Professor Allison Kealy
- Positioning (Sensor fusion, ubiquitous positioning, localization in wireless sensor networks)
- Satellite Positioning Systems (Quality Control for CORS GNSS networks and GNSS for weather forecasting)
Dr Alison Kealy is a Senior Lecturer in the Dept of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Dr Kealy has been a researcher in sensor fusion and satellite positioning systems for almost two decades. The new models and algorithms for measurement integration developed in her PhD research have been published internationally and implemented as part of a commercial mobile mapping system for Queensland Rail, Australia. Dr Kealy has since refined these models to include measurements from other satellite and terrestrial sensors. These results have been integrated into the Geodetic strategy for the Victorian Department of Sustainability and Environment (DSE).
Dr Kealy is currently a collaborator with DSE on a project in integrated positioning solutions for wireless sensor networks ($50,000). CI Kealy recently completed an ARC Linkage grant ($800,000) awarded collaboratively with RMIT University, University of New South Wales and DSE. The results of this project are currently under evaluation across the Victorian regional network of GPS reference stations.
CI Kealy was also part of two research teams awarded funding from the Australian Cooperative Research Centre for Spatial Information (CRC-SI). One project investigated the fusion of data of different quality ($300,000) and the other quality control for CORS networks ($250,000). CI Kealy hold a current ARC International Linkage Grant (2008-2010) with international experts at The University of Nottingham, UK and Vienna University of Technology, Austria respectively. CI Kealy was also an expert adviser to Air Services Australia on their GPS Ground-based Regional Augmentation System (GRAS) and has implemented a near real-time, GPS based weather forecasting system under evaluation by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology.
- Gikas V, Antoniou C, Retscher G, Panagopoulos A, Kealy A, Perakis H, Mpimis T. A low-cost wireless sensors positioning solution for indoor parking facilities management. Journal of Location Based Services. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2016.
- Goel S, Kealy A, Lohani B. COOPERATIVE UAS LOCALIZATION USING LOW COST SENSORS. 23rd ISPRS Congress. Copernicus GmBH. 2016, Vol. 3, Issue 1. Editors: Halounova L, Safar V, Toth CK, Karas J, Huadong G, Haala N, Habib A, Reinartz P, Tang X, Li J, Armenakis C, Grenzdorffer G, Leroux P, Stylianidis S, Blasi R, Menard M, Dufourmount H, Li Z.
- Gu F, Kealy A, Khoshelham K, Shang J. EFFICIENT AND ACCURATE INDOOR LOCALIZATION USING LANDMARK GRAPHSX. 23rd Congress of the International-Society-for-Photogrammetry-and-Remote-Sensing (ISPRS). Copernicus GmBH. 2016, Vol. 41, Issue B2. Editors: Halounova L, Li S, Safar V, Tomkova M, Rapant P, Brazdil K, Shi W, Anton F, Liu Y, Stein A, Cheng T, Pettit C, Li QQ, Sester M, Mostafavi MA, Madden M, Tong X, Brovelli MA, Haekyong K, Kawashima H, Coltekin A.
- Tengku R, Kealy A. End user awareness towards GNSS positioning performance and testing. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. 2016, Vol. 1570.
- Cheong L, Bleisch S, Kealy A, Tolhurst K, Wilkening T, Duckham M. Evaluating the impact of visualization of wildfire hazard upon decision-making under uncertainty. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SCIENCE. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2016, Vol. 30, Issue 7.
- Sheth F, Benke K, Kealy A, Rabian AH, Raeside M, Waters EK, Hamilton A. Investigation of feeding preferences of GPS monitored sheep in a binary choice experimental design under conditions of spatial uncertainty. JOURNAL OF SPATIAL SCIENCE. Spatial Sciences Institute. 2016, Vol. 61, Issue 1.
- Grejner-Brzezinska DA, Toth CK, Moore T, Raquet JF, Miller MM, Kealy A. Multisensor Navigation Systems: A Remedy for GNSS Vulnerabilities?. PROCEEDINGS OF THE IEEE. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016, Vol. 104, Issue 6.
- Veenendaal B, Kealy A. SPECIAL FEATURE: The power of location. JOURNAL OF SPATIAL SCIENCE. Spatial Sciences Institute. 2016, Vol. 61, Issue 2.
- Zhong X, Kealy A, Duckham M. Stream Kriging: Incremental and recursive ordinary Kriging over spatiotemporal data streams. COMPUTERS & GEOSCIENCES. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 90.
- Shang J, Gu F, Hu X, Kealy A. APFiLoc: An Infrastructure-Free Indoor Localization Method Fusing Smartphone Inertial Sensors, Landmarks and Map Information. SENSORS. Molecular Diversity Preservation International. 2015, Vol. 15, Issue 10.
- Morelande M, Duckham M, Kealy A, Legg J. BAYESIAN PATH ESTIMATION USING THE SPATIAL ATTRIBUTES OF A ROAD NETWORK. 2015 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ACOUSTICS, SPEECH, AND SIGNAL PROCESSING (ICASSP). IEEE. 2015, Vol. 2015-August.
- Kealy A, Retscher G, Toth C, Hasnur-Rabiain A, Gikas V, Grejner-Brzezinska D, Danezis C, Moore T. Collaborative Navigation as a Solution for PNT Applications in GNSS Challenged Environments - Report on Field Trials of a Joint FIG/IAG Working Group. Journal of Applied Geodesy. Walter de Gruyter. 2015, Vol. 9, Issue 4.
- Veenendaal B, Kealy A. Preface. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. 2015, Vol. 1323.
- Zhong X, Kealy A, Sharon G, Duckham M. Spatial Interpolation of Streaming Geosensor Network Data in the RISER System. 14th International Symposium on Web and Wireless Geographic Information Systems (W2GIS). Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 9080. Editors: Gensel J, Tomko M.
- Gu F, Kealy A, Khoshelham K, Shang J. User-Independent Motion State Recognition Using Smartphone Sensors. SENSORS. Molecular Diversity Preservation International. 2015, Vol. 15, Issue 12.
Level: 03 Room: 306
Engineering Block B, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83446804
F: +61 3 93472916
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile