Dr Phuong Tran
Areas of Research Interest
· Thin film adhesion characterization
· Static and dynamic fracture thin films
· Dynamic fracture and failure mechanism of composite materials
· Fabrication and simulation of bio-inspired composite structures
· Mechanical characterization and simulation of high performance composite textile
· 3D additive manufacturing
Article reviewing referee:
* International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering
* Journal of the Royal Society Interface
* International Journal of Impact Engineering
* Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials
- Duc ND, Cong PH, Ngo T, Tran P, Thanh NV. Thermal and mechanical stability of functionally graded carbon nanotubes (FG CNT)-reinforced composite truncated conical shells surrounded by the elastic foundations. Thin-Walled Structures. 2017, Vol. 115.
- Tran P, Ghazlan A, Ngo T. Blast Resistance of Hybrid Elastomeric Composite Panels. Applied Mechanics and Materials. Trans Tech Publications. 2016, Vol. 846.
- Tran P, Linforth S, Lumantarna R, Ngo T. Design of a hybrid composite anti-ram bollard against impact. 24th Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials (ACMSM). 2016. Editors: Hao H, Zhang C.
- Imbalzano G, Tran P, Linforth S, Ngo T, Lee P. Design optimisation of auxetic composite structures under blast loading. ACMSM 24 Conference - ACMSM 24 Conference - Mechanics of Structures and Materials: Advancements and Challenges. 2016.
- Ngo T, Nguyen T, Tran P. Effect of Nanoclay on Thermomechanical Properties of Epoxy/Glass Fibre Composites. ARABIAN JOURNAL FOR SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. Dr Dietrich Steinkopff Verlag. 2016, Vol. 41, Issue 4.
- Nguyen T, Ngo T, Tran P. Isogeometric analysis of functionally graded plates based on a new polynomial displacement field. 24th Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials (ACMSM). 2016. Editors: Hao H, Zhang C.
- Imbalzano G, Tran P, Ngo T, Lee P. Three-dimensional modelling of auxetic sandwich panels for localised impact resistance. Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials. 2016.
- Ghazlan A, Ngo T, Lam N, Tran P. A Numerical Investigation of the Performance of a Nacre-like Composite under Blast Loading. 2nd Australasian Conference on Computational Mechanics (ACCM). Queensland University of Technology. 2015. Editors: Gu YT, Guan H.
- Tran P, Ghazlan A, Ngo T. Design Bio-Inspired Composite Structure Subjected to Blast Loading. Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Performance-based and Life-cycle Structural Engineering. University of Queensland. 2015. Editors: Fernando D, Teng J-G, Torero JL.
- Yang E, Ngo T, Ruan D, Tran P. Impact resistance and failure analysis of plain woven curtains. International Journal of Protective Structures. Multi-Science Publishing. 2015, Vol. 6, Issue 1.
- Yang C, Imbalzano G, Tran P, Ngo T. Influence of architecture and orientation in 2-layers fabric structures. 2nd Australasian Conference on Computational Mechanics (ACCM). Queensland University of Technology. 2015. Editors: Gu YT, Guan Y.
- Imbalzano G, Tran P, Lee P, Gunasegaram D, Ngo T. Influences of material and geometry in the performance of auxetic composite structure under blast loading. 2nd Australasian Conference on Computational Mechanics (ACCM). Queensland University of Technology. 2015. Editors: Gu YT, Guan H.
- Tran P, Ngo T, Mendis P. Bio-inspired composite structures subjected to underwater impulsive loading. Computational Materials Science. Elsevier. 2014, Vol. 82.
- Yang E, Tran P, Ngo T, Mendis P, Humphries W. Effect of Textile Architecture on Energy Absorption of Woven Fabrics Subjected to Ballistic Impact. 1st Australasian Conference of Computational Mechanics (ACCM). Trans Tech Publications. 2014, Vol. 553.
- Nguyen T, Tran P, Ngo T, Mendis P, Tran P. Experimental and computational investigations on fire resistance of GFRP composite for building facade. Composites Part B: Engineering. Elsevier. 2014, Vol. 62.
Level: 03 Room: D309
179 Grattan Street, Parkville
University of Melbourne
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile