Dr Phuong Tran
Areas of Research Interest
· Thin film adhesion characterization
· Static and dynamic fracture thin films
· Dynamic fracture and failure mechanism of composite materials
· Fabrication and simulation of bio-inspired composite structures
· Mechanical characterization and simulation of high performance composite textile
· 3D additive manufacturing
Article reviewing referee:
* International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering
* Journal of the Royal Society Interface
* International Journal of Impact Engineering
* Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials
- Ren X, Shen J, Tran P, Ngo T, Xie YM. Auxetic nail: Design and experimental study. Composite Structures. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 184.
- Ren X, Shen J, Tran P, Ngo T, Xie YM. Design and characterisation of a tuneable 3D buckling-induced auxetic metamaterial. Materials and Design. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 139.
- Ghazlan A, Ngo T, Tran P. Influence of geometric and material parameters on the behavior of nacreous composites under quasi-static loading. COMPOSITE STRUCTURES. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 183.
- Tran P, Ngo T, Ghazlan A, Hui D. Bimaterial 3D printing and numerical analysis of bio-inspired composite structures under in-plane and transverse loadings. COMPOSITES PART B-ENGINEERING. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 108.
- Imbalzano G, Tran P, Linforth S, Ngo T, Lee P, Mendis P. Design optimisation of auxetic composite structures under blast loading. ACMSM 24 Conference - ACMSM 24 Conference - Mechanics of Structures and Materials: Advancements and Challenges. 2017.
- Thanh NV, Khoa ND, Ngo T, Tran P, Duc ND. Nonlinear dynamic response and vibration of functionally graded carbon nanotube-reinforced composite (FG-CNTRC) shear deformable plates with temperature-dependent material properties and surrounded on elastic foundations. Journal of Thermal Stresses. 2017, Vol. 40, Issue 10.
- Duc ND, Ngo T, Tran P, Quan TQ, Van Thanh N. Nonlinear dynamic response and vibration of imperfect eccentrically stiffened sandwich third-order shear deformable FGM cylindrical panels in thermal environments. Journal of Sandwich Structures & Materials. 2017.
- Tran P, Ghazlan A, Ngo T. Blast Resistance of Hybrid Elastomeric Composite Panels. Applied Mechanics and Materials. Trans Tech Publications. 2016, Vol. 846.
- Tran P, Linforth S, Lumantarna R, Ngo T. Design of a hybrid composite anti-ram bollard against impact. 24th Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials (ACMSM). CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group). 2016. Editors: Hao H, Zhang C.
- Ngo T, Nguyen T, Nguyen T, Tran P. Effect of Nanoclay on Thermomechanical Properties of Epoxy/Glass Fibre Composites. ARABIAN JOURNAL FOR SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. Dr Dietrich Steinkopff Verlag. 2016, Vol. 41, Issue 4.
- Nguyen T, Ngo T, Tran P, Mendis P, Zobec M, Aye L. Fire performance of prefabricated modular units using organoclay/glass fibre reinforced polymer composite. CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS. Elsevier BV. 2016, Vol. 129.
- Nguyen T, Ngo T, Tran P. Isogeometric analysis of functionally graded plates based on a new polynomial displacement field. 24th Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials (ACMSM). CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group). 2016. Editors: Hao H, Zhang C.
- Ghazlan A, Ngo T, Lam N, Tran P. A Numerical Investigation of the Performance of a Nacre-like Composite under Blast Loading. 2nd Australasian Conference on Computational Mechanics (ACCM). Queensland University of Technology. 2015. Editors: Gu YT, Guan H.
- Tran P, Ghazlan A, Ngo T. Design Bio-Inspired Composite Structure Subjected to Blast Loading. Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Performance-based and Life-cycle Structural Engineering. University of Queensland. 2015. Editors: Fernando D, Teng J-G, Torero JL.
- Yang C, Imbalzano G, Tran P, Ngo T. Influence of architecture and orientation in 2-layers fabric structures. 2nd Australasian Conference on Computational Mechanics (ACCM). Queensland University of Technology. 2015. Editors: Gu YT, Guan Y.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile