Dr Ali Kashani
- Construction materials, composites, geopolymer and lightweight concrete (also rheology, fire-resistant materials, polymers, paint and coatings)
Dr Alireza Kashani is a Research Fellow in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering. He obtained his PhD from The University of Melbourne. He is a Material Engineer with extensive experience in research, development, and commercialization of advanced materials in industry and academia. He is a member of ARC-Training Centre for Advanced Manufacturing of Prefabricated Housing (ARC-CAMPH) under the management of Prof. Priyan Mendis and A/Prof Tuan Ngo. He also leads an R&D program funded by Tyre Stewardship Australia (TSA) for the novel application of recycled tyre in prefabricated lightweight concrete panels. He closely worked with Speedpanel Australia under ARC-linkage grant scheme to develop lightweight geopolymer composite sandwich panels. He is also currently co-leading a CRC project under the management of A/Prof. Tuan Ngo funded by the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science and Speedpanel Australia/International on the development of next generation of lightweight composite sandwich panels. He has established an international research collaboration with The University of Sheffield in the U.K. developing next generation of geopolymer concrete. His expanded research interests include rheology and modelling the flow behaviour of concrete, polymer-concrete composites, 3D-printing of concrete, self-compacting concrete, spray-able concrete (shotcrete), chemical admixtures and superplasticizers. He also has industry experience in developing and formulation of resins, paint and coating and seeking industry collaboration in the development of fire-resistance coatings. ResearchGate profile for publications: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Alireza_Kashani2
- Kashani A, Ngo T, Mendis P, Black J, Hajimohammadi A. A sustainable application of recycled tyre crumbs as insulator in lightweight cellular concrete. JOURNAL OF CLEANER PRODUCTION. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 149.
- Hajimohammadi A, Ngo T, Mendis P, Kashani A, Van Deventer J. Alkali activated slag foams: The effect of the alkali reaction on foam characteristics. JOURNAL OF CLEANER PRODUCTION. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 147.
- Hajimohammadi A, Ngo T, Mendis P, Nguyen T, Kashani A, Van Deventer J. Pore characteristics in one-part mix geopolymers foamed by H2O2: The impact of mix design. MATERIALS & DESIGN. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 130.
- Kashani A, Provis J, Van Deventer BBG, Qiao G, Van Deventer J. Time-resolved yield stress measurement of evolving materials using a creeping sphere. RHEOLOGICA ACTA. Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 54, Issue 5.
- Kashani A, Provis J, Xu J, Kilcullen A, Qiao G, Van Deventer J. Effect of molecular architecture of polycarboxylate ethers on plasticizing performance in alkali-activated slag paste. Journal of Materials Science. Springer. 2014, Vol. 49, Issue 7.
- Kashani A, San Nicolas R, Qiao G, Van Deventer J, Provis J. Modelling the yield stress of ternary cement-slag-fly ash pastes based on particle size distribution. Powder Technology. Elsevier Science. 2014, Vol. 266.
- Kashani A, Provis J, Qiao G, Van Deventer J. The interrelationship between surface chemistry and rheology in alkali activated slag paste. Construction and Building Materials. Elsevier BV. 2014, Vol. 65.
- Kashani A, Provis J, Van Deventer J. Effect of Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag Particle Size Distribution on Paste Rheology: A Preliminary Model. Powders & Grains 2013. American Institute of Physics. 2013, Vol. 1542.
- Kashani A, Provis J, Xu J, Kilcullen A, Duxson P, Qiao G, Van Deventer J. Effects of Different Polycarboxylate Ether Structures on the Rheology of Alkali Activated Slag Binders. 10th International Conference on Superplasticizers and Other Chemical Admixtures in Concrete. American Concrete Institute. 2012, Vol. 288.
- Ramezanzadeh B, Moradian S, Yari H, Kashani A, Niknahad M. The effect of basecoat pigmentation on the scratch resistance and weathering performance of an acrylicmelamine basecoat/clearcoat automotive finish. Tribology International. 2012, Vol. 47.
- Yari H, Moradian S, Ramezanzadeh B, Kashani A, Niknahad M. The influence of basecoat pigmentation on chemical structure and surface topology of automotive clearcoats during weathering. Progress in Organic Coatings. Elsevier. 2012, Vol. 75, Issue 4.
- Yari H, Moradian S, Ramazanzade B, Kashani A, Tahmasebi N. The effect of basecoat pigmentation on mechanical properties of an automotive basecoat/clearcoat system during weathering. Polymer Degradation and Stability. Elsevier. 2009, Vol. 94, Issue 8.