- Environmental economics and integrated evaluation
- Sustainable manufacturing processes
- Sustainable supply chain management practices
Dr Mayuri Wijayasundara has her research expertise and interest in sustainability, integrated assessment of sustainable manufacturing practices and sustainable supply chain management. As a chemical and process engineer and a chartered management accountant, she combines the knowledge of process engineering, sustainability economics and finance/supply chain management disciplines into developing and validating methodologies for conducting multi-criteria analysis to evaluate complex alternative strategies. Her recent research was focused on conducting an integrated assessment to evaluate the use of recycled concrete aggregate in structural concrete. Her current research project focuses on evaluating procurement models for maximising the educational outcome of public schools. Mayuri currently works as a post-doctoral research fellow in the Department of infrastructure engineering and engages in teaching activities in the Department of Management and Marketing.
- Wijayasundara M, Crawford R, Mendis P. Comparative assessment of embodied energy of recycled aggregate concrete. JOURNAL OF CLEANER PRODUCTION. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 152.
- Wijayasundara M, Mendis P, Ngo T. Comparative assessment of the benefits associated with the absorption of CO2 with the use of RCA in structural concrete. JOURNAL OF CLEANER PRODUCTION. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 158.
- Wijayasundara M, Mendis P, Zhang L, Sofi M. Financial assessment of manufacturing recycled aggregate concrete in ready-mix concrete plants. RESOURCES CONSERVATION AND RECYCLING. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 109.
- Wijayasundara M, Mendis P, Crawford R. A framework for the integrated cost-benefit analysis of the use of recycled aggregate concrete in structural applications. 49th International Conference of the Architectural-Science-Association. University of Melbourne. 2015. Editors: Crawford RH, Stephan A.