Dr Martin Tomko
- Geographic Information Retrieval (annotation, search and retrieval, and ranking of spatially related data)
- Spatial information science (spatial communication)
- Spatial infrastructures (eResearch infrastructure in the spatial domain)
I am a Lecturer in the discipline of Geomatics with research interests in the area of Spatial Information Science, spatial network analysis, urban structure analysis and geographic information retrieval. My research thus contributes to numerous areas of spatial cognitive engineering. I have a broad experience in design, implementation and management of the technical aspects of large-scale geospatial infrastructures and data handling, such as the design and implementation of a strategic Australian eResearch portal AURIN - The Australian Urban Research Infrastructure Network's flagship product.
- Ren Y, Tomko M, Salim FD, Ong K, Sanderson M. Analyzing Web Behavior in Indoor Retail Spaces. JOURNAL OF THE ASSOCIATION FOR INFORMATION SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. John Wiley & Sons. 2017, Vol. 68, Issue 1.
- Ren Y, Salim FD, Tomko M, Bai YB, Chan J, Qin KK, Sanderson M. D-Log: A WiFi Log-based differential scheme for enhanced indoor localization with single RSSI source and infrequent sampling rate. PERVASIVE AND MOBILE COMPUTING. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 37.
- Maguire S, Tomko M. Ripe for the picking? Dataset maturity assessment based on temporal dynamics of feature definitions. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SCIENCE. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2017, Vol. 31, Issue 7.
- Scheider S, Tomko M. Knowing Whether Spatio-Temporal Analysis Procedures Are Applicable to Datasets. 9th International Conference on Formal Ontology in Information Systems (FOIS). IOS Press. 2016, Vol. 283. Editors: Ferrario R, Kuhn W.
- Richter K-F, Tomko M, Coltekin A. Are We There Yet? Spatial Cognitive Engineering for Situated Human-Computer Interaction. CESIP 2015 Workshop. 2015.
- Tomko M, Richter K-F. Defensive Wayfinding: Incongruent Information in Route Following. 12th International Conference on Spatial Information Theory (COSIT). Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 9368. Editors: Fabrikant SI, Raubal M, Bertolotto M, Davies C, Freundschuh S, Bell S.
- Widjaja I, Russo P, Pettit C, Sinnott R, Tomko M. Modeling coordinated multiple views of heterogeneous data cubes for urban visual analytics. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF DIGITAL EARTH. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2015, Vol. 8, Issue 7.
- Gensel J, Tomko M. Preface. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 9080.
- Pettit C, Stimson R, Nino-Ruiz M, Morandini L, Widjaja I, Delaney P, Tomko M, Sinnott R, Randolph B, Kvan T. Supporting Urban Informatics through a Big Data Analytics Online Workbench. Proceedings of the Workshop on Big Data and Urban Informatics. 2015.
- Sinnott R, Bayliss C, Bromage A, Galang G, Grazioli G, Greenwood P, MacAulay A, Morandini L, Karami Nogoorani G, Nino-Ruiz M, Tomko M, Pettit C, Sarwar M, Stimson R, Voorsluys W, Widjaja I. The Australia urban research gateway. CONCURRENCY AND COMPUTATION-PRACTICE & EXPERIENCE. John Wiley & Sons. 2015, Vol. 27, Issue 2.
- Bai YB, Wu S, Ren Y, Ong K, Retscher G, Kealy A, Tomko M, Sanderson M, Wu H, Zhang K. A New Approach for Indoor Customer Tracking Based on a Single Wi-Fi Connection. 2014 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INDOOR POSITIONING AND INDOOR NAVIGATION (IPIN). IEEE. 2014.
- Bai YB, Wu S, Retscher G, Kealy A, Holden L, Tomko M, Borriak A, Hu B, Wu HR, Zhang K. A new method for improving Wi-Fi-based indoor positioning accuracy. Journal of Location Based Services. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2014, Vol. 8, Issue 3.
- Nino-Ruiz M, Bayliss C, Galang G, Grazioli G, Rabanal R, Tomko M, Sinnott R. Elastic Scaling of e-Infrastructures to Support Data-Intensive Research Collaborations. 10th IEEE International Conference on e-Science. IEEE Press. 2014.
- Ren Y, Tomko M, Ong K, Sanderson M. How people use the Web in large indoor spaces. CIKM 2014 - Proceedings of the 2014 ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management. 2014.
- Tomko M, Bell S, Li K-J. ISA 2013 workshop report: a report on the Fifth International Workshop on Indoor Spatial Awareness. SIGSPATIAL Special. Association for Computing Machinery. 2014, Vol. 6, Issue 1.
Level: 03 Room: B304
Engineering Block B, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: 9035 3298
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile