Dr Soheil Sabri
- Urban Analytics (Spatial Statistics, Spatial Analysis and Modelling, GeoDesign)
Soheil is a Research Fellow in Urban Analytics at the Centre for SDIs and Land Administration in The University of Melbourne. He is the managing coordinator and technical committee member of a project funded by Australia Research Council - Linkage, Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities, titled: "Urban Analytics Data Infrastructure". His research focuses on enabling spatial information and technological innovation in smart urban planning and design to improve urban quality of life. He investigates approaches for leveraging 3D land and property information and spatial data access initiatives such as Australian Urban Research Infrastructure Network (AURIN) in planning for future smart cities. Prior to this, he was a senior lecturer in the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and served as a principle investigator and co-investigator in several researches about urban gentrification, affordable housing, and the impact of built environment on public health and welfare, funded by UTM and the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia. Soheil earned his Masters in Geography and Urban Planning in 2004 and PhD in Urban & Regional Planning in 2012. He has more than a decade hand on experience in consultancy, research and teaching about urban planning, particularly land use planning and development, as well as planning 2.0 (Web technology in urban planning), and spatial analysis and modelling. He also has previous experience as an urban planning consultant in Iran, focusing on marginal communities and inner-city redevelopments that provide practical value to his research outcomes.
- Muhammad Z, Sik KK, Johar F, Sabri S. An overview of critical success factors of publicprivate partnership in the delivery of urban infrastructure and services. Planning Malaysia. 2016, Vol. 4, Issue Special Issue 4.
- Muhammad Z, Johar F, Sabri S, Utange Jonathan Z. A review of housing provision and the challenges of sustainable housing delivery in the federal capital territory abuja, Nigeria. Jurnal Teknologi. Penerbit Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. 2015, Vol. 77, Issue 14. DOI: 10.11113/jt.v77.6443
- Sabri S, Rajabifard A, Ho S, Namazi-Rad M-R, Pettit C. Alternative Planning and Land Administration for Future Smart Cities. IEEE TECHNOLOGY AND SOCIETY MAGAZINE. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2015, Vol. 34, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1109/MTS.2015.2494298
- Sabri S, Pettit C, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Rajabifard A, White M, Lade O, Ngo T. What are essential requirements in planning for future cities using open data infrastructures and 3D data models?. 14th International Conference on Computers in Urban Planning and Urban Management (CUPUM). 2015.
- Yeganeh N, Sabri S. Flood vulnerability assessment in Iskandar Malaysia using multi-criteria evaluation and fuzzy logic. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology. 2014, Vol. 8, Issue 16. DOI: 10.19026/rjaset.8.1167
- Lawal DU, Matori AN, Yusof KW, Hashim AM, Aminu M, Sabri S, Balogun AL, Chandio IA, Mokhtar MRM. group-based decision support for flood hazard forecasting: A geospatial technology-based group analytic hierarchy process approach. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology. 2014, Vol. 7, Issue 23.
- Maxwell O, Wagiran H, Ibrahim N, Andrew OI, Solomon OO, Sabri S. Integrated geoelectrical and structural studies for ground-water investigation in parts of Abuja, North Central Nigeria. Near Surface Geophysics. 2014, Vol. 12, Issue 4. DOI: 10.3997/1873-0604.2014007
- Afzali A, Sabri S, Rashid M, Mohammad Vali Samani J, Ludin ANM. Inter-Municipal Landfill Site Selection Using Analytic Network Process. Water Resources Management. Springer. 2014, Vol. 28, Issue 8. DOI: 10.1007/s11269-014-0605-3
- Umaru ET, Ludin AMN, Sabri S. Spatiotemporal analysis of the spread of meningococcal meningitis in kaduna metropolis, 2007-2011. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. Institute of Physics Publishing. 2014, Vol. 18, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1088/1755-1315/18/1/012056
- Sabri S, Ludin ANM, Majid MR. Ubiquitous geospatial concept in evolution of the macro and micro spatial planning. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. Institute of Physics Publishing. 2014, Vol. 18, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1088/1755-1315/18/1/012176
- Sabri S, Ludin ANM, Johar F. Assessment of neighbourhood affordability based on housing and transportation costs in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Planning Malaysia. 2013, Vol. 11.
- Maxwell O, Wagiran H, Ibrahim N, Lee SK, Sabri S. Comparison of activity concentration of238U,232Th and40K in different Layers of subsurface Structures in Dei-Dei and Kubwa, Abuja, northcentral Nigeria. Radiation Physics and Chemistry. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2013, Vol. 91. DOI: 10.1016/j.radphyschem.2013.05.006
- Che'man N, Sabri S, Hosni N, Timmermans H. Firm dynamic analysis for urban land use and economic growth modelling. Planning Malaysia. 2013, Vol. 11.
- Maxwell O, Wagiran H, Ibrahim N, Lee SK, Sabri S. Measurement of238U,232Th and40K in boreholes at Gosa and Lugbe, Abuja, north central Nigeria. Radiation Protection Dosimetry. Oxford University Press. 2013, Vol. 157, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1093/rpd/nct140
- Sabri S, Ludin ANMM, Ho CS. Conceptual Design for an Integrated Geosimulation and Analytic Network Process (ANP) in Gentrification Appraisal. Applied Spatial Analysis and Policy. Springer Verlag. 2012, Vol. 5, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1007/s12061-011-9069-5
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile