Dr Kourosh Khoshelham
- Indoor positioning and navigation (indoor location-based services)
- Information extraction from point clouds and images (pattern recognition and machine learning)
- Mapping and modeling indoor environments (Building Information Modeling - BIM)
- Mapping sensor technologies (photogrammetry, laser scanning - Lidar, mobile mapping)
Kourosh Khoshelham is a lecturer at the Department of Infrastructure Engineering of the University of Melbourne. Kourosh studied surveying and photogrammetry in Iran, and received an MSc in photogrammetry from the University of Tehran in 2000. He did his PhD in photogrammetry and laser scanning at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and graduated in 2004. Between 2005 and 2007 Kourosh worked at the University of Tehran as an assistant professor, where he was involved in teaching and research in photogrammetry and remote sensing. He joined Delft University of Technology as a postdoctoral research fellow in 2007, and became an assistant professor in 2008. In 2010 Kourosh joined the ITC Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation of the University of Twente, where he worked for five years before moving to Melbourne in February 2015. His research interests include mobile mapping, indoor mapping, building information modelling, UAV photogrammetry and information extraction from point clouds.
- Habib A, Akdim N, El Ghandour FE, Labbassi K, Khoshelham K, Menenti M. Extraction and accuracy assessment of high-resolution DEM and derived orthoimages from ALOS-PRISM data over Sahel-Doukkala (Morocco). Earth Science Informatics. 2017.
- Azadbakht M, Fraser C, Khoshelham K. A Sparsity-Based Regularization Approach for Deconvolution of Full-Waveform Airborne Lidar Data. REMOTE SENSING. MDPI AG. 2016, Vol. 8, Issue 8.
- Vestena KM, Dos Santos DR, Oilveira EM, Pavan NL, Khoshelham K. A WEIGHTED CLOSED-FORM SOLUTION FOR RGB-D DATA REGISTRATION. 23rd Congress of the International-Society-for-Photogrammetry-and-Remote-Sensing (ISPRS). Copernicus GmBH. 2016, Vol. 41, Issue B3. Editors: Halounova L, Schindler K, Limpouch A, Pajdla T, Safar V, Mayer H, Elberink SO, Mallet C, Rottensteiner F, Bredif M, Skaloud J, Stilla U.
- Basso MA, Dos Santos DR, De Oliveira Junior EM, Khoshelham K. An adaptive method for registration of RGB-D data. Boletim de Ciencias Geodesicas. 2016, Vol. 22, Issue 1.
- Kallepalli A, Kumar A, Khoshelham K, James DB. Application of Spectral and Spatial Indices in Specific Class Identification in Airborne Prism EXperiment (APEX) imaging spectrometer data for improved land cover classification. EARTH RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL REMOTE SENSING/GIS APPLICATIONS VII. SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering. 2016, Vol. 10005. Editors: Michel U, Schulz K, Ehlers M, Nikolakopoulos KG, Civco D.
- Khoshelham K. Closed-form solutions for estimating a rigid motion from plane correspondences extracted from point clouds. ISPRS JOURNAL OF PHOTOGRAMMETRY AND REMOTE SENSING. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 114.
- Gu F, Kealy A, Khoshelham K, Shang J. EFFICIENT AND ACCURATE INDOOR LOCALIZATION USING LANDMARK GRAPHSX. 23rd Congress of the International-Society-for-Photogrammetry-and-Remote-Sensing (ISPRS). Copernicus GmBH. 2016, Vol. 41, Issue B2. Editors: Halounova L, Li S, Safar V, Tomkova M, Rapant P, Brazdil K, Shi W, Anton F, Liu Y, Stein A, Cheng T, Pettit C, Li QQ, Sester M, Mostafavi MA, Madden M, Tong X, Brovelli MA, Haekyong K, Kawashima H, Coltekin A.
- Bitenc M, Kieffer DS, Khoshelham K. EVALUATION OF WAVELET AND NON-LOCAL MEAN DENOISING OF TERRESTRIAL LASER SCANNING DATA FOR SMALL-SCALE JOINT ROUGHNESS ESTIMATION. 23rd Congress of the International-Society-for-Photogrammetry-and-Remote-Sensing (ISPRS). Copernicus GmBH. 2016, Vol. 41, Issue B3. Editors: Halounova L, Schindler K, Limpouch A, Pajdla T, Safar V, Mayer H, Elberink SO, Mallet C, Rottensteiner F, Bredif M, Skaloud J, Stilla U.
- Azadbakht M, Fraser C, Khoshelham K. Improved Urban Scene Classification Using Full-Waveform Lidar. PHOTOGRAMMETRIC ENGINEERING AND REMOTE SENSING. American Society for Photogrammetry. 2016, Vol. 82, Issue 12.
- Diaz-Vilarino L, Boguslawski P, Khoshelham K, Lorenzo H, Mahdjoubi L. INDOOR NAVIGATION FROM POINT CLOUDS: 3D MODELLING AND OBSTACLE DETECTION. 23rd Congress of the International-Society-for-Photogrammetry-and-Remote-Sensing (ISPRS). Copernicus GmBH. 2016, Vol. 41, Issue B4. Editors: Halounova L, Safar V, Jiang J, Olesovska H, Dvoracek P, Holland D, Seredovich VA, Muller JP, Rao EPR, Veenendaal B, Mu L, Zlatanova S, Oberst J, Yang CP, Ban Y, Stylianidis S, Vozenlek V, Vondrakova A, Gartner G, Remondino F, Doytsher Y, Percivall G, Schreier G, Dowman I, Streilein A, Ernst J.
- Dos Santos DR, Basso MA, Khoshelham K, De Oliveira E, Pavan NL, Vosselman G. Mapping Indoor Spaces by Adaptive Coarse-to-Fine Registration of RGB-D Data. IEEE GEOSCIENCE AND REMOTE SENSING LETTERS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016, Vol. 13, Issue 2.
- Khoshelham K, Zlatanova S. Sensors for Indoor Mapping and Navigation. SENSORS. Molecular Diversity Preservation International. 2016, Vol. 16, Issue 5.
- Gu F, Khoshelham K, Shang J, Yu F. Sensory Landmarks for Indoor Localization. 4th IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Positioning, Indoor Navigation and Location Based Services (IEEE UPINLBS). IEEE. 2016.
- Dos Santos DR, Khoshelham K. 3D mapping of indoor environments using RGB-D data. Boletim de Ciencias Geodesicas. 2015, Vol. 21, Issue 3.
- Diaz-Vilarino L, Khoshelham K, Martinez-Sanchez J, Arias P. 3D Modeling of Building Indoor Spaces and Closed Doors from Imagery and Point Clouds. SENSORS. Molecular Diversity Preservation International. 2015, Vol. 15, Issue 2.
Level: 03 Room: 307
Engineering Block B, Parkville
University of Melbourne
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile