Dr Kourosh Khoshelham
- Indoor positioning and navigation (indoor location-based services)
- Information extraction from point clouds and images (pattern recognition and machine learning)
- Mapping and modeling indoor environments (Building Information Modeling - BIM)
- Mapping sensor technologies (photogrammetry, laser scanning - Lidar, mobile mapping)
Kourosh Khoshelham is a lecturer at the Department of Infrastructure Engineering of the University of Melbourne. Kourosh studied surveying and photogrammetry in Iran, and received an MSc in photogrammetry from the University of Tehran in 2000. He did his PhD in photogrammetry and laser scanning at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and graduated in 2004. Between 2005 and 2007 Kourosh worked at the University of Tehran as an assistant professor, where he was involved in teaching and research in photogrammetry and remote sensing. He joined Delft University of Technology as a postdoctoral research fellow in 2007, and became an assistant professor in 2008. In 2010 Kourosh joined the ITC Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation of the University of Twente, where he worked for five years before moving to Melbourne in February 2015. His research interests include mobile mapping, indoor mapping, building information modelling, UAV photogrammetry and information extraction from point clouds.
- He H, Khoshelham K, Fraser C. A TWO-STEP CLASSIFICATION APPROACH to DISTINGUISHING SIMILAR OBJECTS in MOBILE LIDAR POINT CLOUDS. ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. 2017, Vol. 4, Issue 2W4.
- Tran H, Khoshelham K, Kealy A, DÍaz-VilariÑo L. EXTRACTING TOPOLOGICAL RELATIONS between INDOOR SPACES from POINT CLOUDS. ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. 2017, Vol. 4, Issue 2W4.
- Habib A, Akdim N, El Ghandour F-E, Labbassi K, Khoshelham K, Menenti M. Extraction and accuracy assessment of high-resolution DEM and derived orthoimages from ALOS-PRISM data over Sahel-Doukkala (Morocco). EARTH SCIENCE INFORMATICS. Dr Dietrich Steinkopff Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10, Issue 2.
- Truelove M, Khoshelham K, McLean S, Winter S, Vasardani M. Identifying Witness Accounts from Social Media Using Imagery. ISPRS INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEO-INFORMATION. MDPI AG. 2017, Vol. 6, Issue 4.
- Winter S, Tomko M, Vasardani M, Richter K-F, Khoshelham K. Indoor localization and navigation independent of sensor based technologies. SIGSPATIAL Special. Association for Computing Machinery. 2017, Vol. 9, Issue 1.
- Ramezani M, Acharya D, Gu F, Khoshelham K. INDOOR POSITIONING by VISUAL-INERTIAL ODOMETRY. ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. 2017, Vol. 4, Issue 2W4.
- Acharya D, Khoshelham K, Winter S. Real-time detection and tracking of pedestrians in CCTV images using a deep convolutional neural network. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen * Lehrstuhl Informatik V. 2017, Vol. 1913.
- Gu F, Khoshelham K, Shang J, Yu F, Wei Z. Robust and Accurate Smartphone-Based Step Counting for Indoor Localization. IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 17, Issue 11.
- Khoshelham K, VilariÑo LD, Peter M, Kang Z, Acharya D. The ISPRS benchmark on indoor modelling. International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences - ISPRS Archives. International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing. 2017, Vol. 42, Issue 2W7.
- Khoshelham K, Ramezani M. Vehicle Positioning in the Absence of GNSS Signals: Potential of Visual-Inertial Odometry. 2017 JOINT URBAN REMOTE SENSING EVENT (JURSE). IEEE. 2017.
- Azadbakht M, Fraser C, Khoshelham K. A Sparsity-Based Regularization Approach for Deconvolution of Full-Waveform Airborne Lidar Data. REMOTE SENSING. MDPI AG. 2016, Vol. 8, Issue 8.
- Vestena KM, Dos Santos DR, Oilveira EM, Pavan NL, Khoshelham K. A WEIGHTED CLOSED-FORM SOLUTION FOR RGB-D DATA REGISTRATION. 23rd Congress of the International-Society-for-Photogrammetry-and-Remote-Sensing (ISPRS). Copernicus GmBH. 2016, Vol. 41, Issue B3. Editors: Halounova L, Schindler K, Limpouch A, Pajdla T, Safar V, Mayer H, Elberink SO, Mallet C, Rottensteiner F, Bredif M, Skaloud J, Stilla U.
- Basso MA, Dos Santos DR, De Oliveira Junior EM, Khoshelham K. An adaptive method for registration of RGB-D data. Boletim de Ciencias Geodesicas. 2016, Vol. 22, Issue 1.
- Kallepalli A, Kumar A, Khoshelham K, James DB. Application of Spectral and Spatial Indices in Specific Class Identification in Airborne Prism EXperiment (APEX) imaging spectrometer data for improved land cover classification. EARTH RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL REMOTE SENSING/GIS APPLICATIONS VII. SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering. 2016, Vol. 10005. Editors: Michel U, Schulz K, Ehlers M, Nikolakopoulos KG, Civco D.
- Khoshelham K. Closed-form solutions for estimating a rigid motion from plane correspondences extracted from point clouds. ISPRS JOURNAL OF PHOTOGRAMMETRY AND REMOTE SENSING. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 114.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile