Dr Behzad Rismanchi
- Building energy
- Energy management
Dr. Behzad Rismanchi is a professional member of Engineers Australia (MIEAust), a certified energy manager (CEM) and certified energy auditor (CEA) with more than 6 years’ experience in design, optimisation and research in the energy industry. He has worked across all aspects of the project lifecycle and is particularly skilled in energy management systems, indoor air quality and computational fluid dynamics. After gaining a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and a Masters in Energy Conversion, he joined the oil and gas industry for three years. In 2009 he moved to Malaysia and undertook a PhD and a 1-year postdoc in Energy Management. As an energy consultant in industry, he was involved in several national and international projects in Malaysia, Dubai and Indonesia. He joined the Department of Infrastructure of the University of Melbourne in August 2015 as a Lecturer in Building Energy.
His main areas of research are energy management, building energy, thermal energy storage, district cooling/heating systems, indoor air quality, smart cities, GIS based energy mapping, and simulation of heat and mass transfer.
- Aditya L, Mahlia TMI, Rismanchi B, Ng HM, Hasan MH, Metselaar HSC, Muraza O, Aditiya HB. A review on insulation materials for energy conservation in buildings. RENEWABLE & SUSTAINABLE ENERGY REVIEWS. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 73.
- Rismanchi B, Lea KLW, Hui K. Benchmarking Energy Management Schemes Among Facilities managers in Australia. Facilities Management. 2017, Vol. 11, Issue 3.
- Rismanchi B. District energy network (DEN), current global status and future development. RENEWABLE & SUSTAINABLE ENERGY REVIEWS. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 75.
- Steinemann A, Wargocki P, Rismanchi B. Ten questions concerning green buildings and indoor air quality. BUILDING AND ENVIRONMENT. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 112.
- Ganandran GSB, Mahlia TMI, Ong HC, Rismanchi B, Chong WT. Cost-Benefit Analysis and Emission Reduction of Energy Efficient Lighting at the Universiti Tenaga Nasional. SCIENTIFIC WORLD JOURNAL. The ScientificWorld. 2014, Vol. 2014.
- Boroumandjazi G, Rismanchi B, Saidur R. A review on exergy analysis of industrial sector. RENEWABLE & SUSTAINABLE ENERGY REVIEWS. Pergamon. 2013, Vol. 27.
- Javadi FS, Rismanchi B, Sarraf M, Afshar O, Saidur R, Ping HW, Rahim NA. Global policy of rural electrification. RENEWABLE & SUSTAINABLE ENERGY REVIEWS. Pergamon. 2013, Vol. 19.
- Rismanchi B, Saidur R, Masjuki HH, Mahlia TMI. Modeling and simulation to determine the potential energy savings by implementing cold thermal energy storage system in office buildings. ENERGY CONVERSION AND MANAGEMENT. Pergamon. 2013, Vol. 75.
- Sarraf M, Rismanchi B, Saidur R, Ping HW, Rahim NA. Renewable energy policies for sustainable development in Cambodia. RENEWABLE & SUSTAINABLE ENERGY REVIEWS. Pergamon. 2013, Vol. 22.
- Boroumandjazi G, Rismanchi B, Saidur R. Technical characteristic analysis of wind energy conversion systems for sustainable development. ENERGY CONVERSION AND MANAGEMENT. Pergamon. 2013, Vol. 69.
- Yau YH, Rismanchi B. A review on cool thermal storage technologies and operating strategies. RENEWABLE & SUSTAINABLE ENERGY REVIEWS. Pergamon. 2012, Vol. 16, Issue 1.
- Boroumandjazi G, Saidur R, Rismanchi B, Mekhilef S. A review on the relation between the energy and exergy efficiency analysis and the technical characteristic of the renewable energy systems. RENEWABLE & SUSTAINABLE ENERGY REVIEWS. Pergamon. 2012, Vol. 16, Issue 5.
- Rismanchi B, Saidur R, Masjuki HH, Mahlia TMI. Cost-benefit analysis of using cold thermal energy storage systems in building applications. 2011 2ND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ADVANCES IN ENERGY ENGINEERING (ICAEE). Elsevier BV. 2012, Vol. 14. Editors: Zeng D.
- Rismanchi B, Saidur R, Masjuki HH, Mahlia TMI. Energetic, economic and environmental benefits of utilizing the ice thermal storage systems for office building applications. ENERGY AND BUILDINGS. Elsevier Science. 2012, Vol. 50.
- Rismanchi B, Saidur R, Boroumandjazi G, Ahmed S. Energy, exergy and environmental analysis of cold thermal energy storage (CTES) systems. RENEWABLE & SUSTAINABLE ENERGY REVIEWS. Pergamon. 2012, Vol. 16, Issue 8.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile