Dr Anna Lintern
Dr Anna Lintern is a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in the Environmental Hydrology and Water Resources Group in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering. She received her PhD in Civil Engineering from Monash University in 2016 and her Bachelor of Engineering(Civil Engineering) and Bachelor of Arts (History and Japanese) from Monash University in 2012.
Her current research focuses on the development of a statistical model of surface water quality (sediments and nutrients), and the identification of the key spatial drivers of water quality. She is also interested in the use of quaternary science for the management of the water quality of aquatic environments, and for the identification of reference conditions of aquatic systems.
Lintern, A., Anderson, M., Leahy, P. J., Deletić, A. and McCarthy, D. T. (2016) ‘Using sediment cores to establish targets for the remediation of aquatic environments’, Water Science and Technology, 73(3), pp. 628 – 635.
Lintern, A., Leahy, P. J., Gadd, P., Zawadzki, A., Heijnis, H., Jacobsen, G., Deletić, A. and McCarthy, D. T. (2016) ‘Sediment cores as archives of historical changes in floodplain lake hydrology’, Science of The Total Environment, 544, pp. 1008–1019.
Schang, C., Lintern, A., Cook, P.M., Osborne, C., McKinley, A., Schmidt, J., Coleman, R., Rooney, G., Henry, R., Deletic, A., McCarthy, D. (in press) ‘Presence and survival of culturable Campylobacter spp. and Escherichia coli in a temperate urban estuary’, Science of The Total Environment. (Accepted 24 June 2016).
Lintern, A., Deletić, A., Leahy, P. and McCarthy, D. (2015) ‘Digging up the dirty past: evidence for stormwater’s contribution to pollution of an urban floodplain lake’, Marine and Freshwater Research, 66(7), pp. 596–608.
Lintern, A., Webb, J.A., Ryu, D., Liu, S., Bende-Michl, U., Leahy, P., Wilson, P., Western, A.W., 2016. Using a data-driven approach to understand the interaction between catchment characteristics and water quality responses, in: 8th Australian Stream Management Conference (ASM). Blue Mountains, Australia.
Lintern, A., Leahy, P., Deletić, A., McCarthy, D., 2014. Changing the way we solve water pollution problems: using historical data to develop remediation priorities and targets, in: 13th International Conference on Urban Drainage (ICUD). Kuching, Malaysia.
Lintern, A., Daly, E., Deletić, A., 2012. Verifying a stormwater biofiltration model, in: 9th International Conference on Urban Drainage Modelling (UDM). Belgrade, Serbia.
Lintern, A., Daly, E., Duncan, H., Hatt, B.E., Fletcher, T.D. and Deletić, A., 2011. Key design characteristics that influence the performance of stormwater biofilters, in: 12th International Conference on Urban Drainage (ICUD). Porto Alegre, Brazil.
- McCarthy DT, Jovanovic D, Lintern A, Teakle I, Barnes M, Deletic A, Coleman R, Rooney G, Prosser T, Coutts S, Hipsey MR, Bruce LC, Henry R. Source tracking using microbial community fingerprints: Method comparison with hydrodynamic modelling. Water Research. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 109.
- Lintern A, Leahy PJ, Heijnis H, Zawadzki A, Gadd P, Jacobsen G, Deletic A, McCarthy DT. Identifying heavy metal levels in historical flood water deposits using sediment cores. WATER RESEARCH. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 105.
- Schang C, Lintern A, Cook PLM, Osborne C, McKinley A, Schmidt J, Coleman R, Rooney G, Henry R, Deletic A, McCarthy D. Presence and survival of culturable Campylobacter spp. and Escherichia coli in a temperate urban estuary. Science of The Total Environment. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 569-570.
- Lintern A, Vietz GJ, Flatley A, Webb J, Rutherfurd I, Ryu D, Liu S, Bende-Michl U, Leahy P, Wilson P, Western A. Using a data-driven approach to understand the interaction between catchment characteristics and water quality responses. 8th Australian Stream Management Conference (ASM). River Basin Management Society. 2016.
- Lintern A, Anderson M, Leahy P, Deletic A, McCarthy D. Using sediment cores to establish targets for the remediation of aquatic environments. Water Science and Technology. IWA Publishing. 2016, Vol. 73, Issue 3.
- Lintern A, Deletic A, Leahy P, McCarthy D. Digging up the dirty past: Evidence for stormwater's contribution to pollution of an urban floodplain lake. Marine and Freshwater Research. CSIRO Publications. 2015, Vol. 66, Issue 7.
Level: 04 Room: 414
Engineering Block D, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 8344 4776
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile