Dr Alireza Mohammadinia
- Geotechnical Engineering (Ground improvement, Soil Dynamics, Finite element Modelling)
Alireza received his PhD in Geotechnical Engineering (2016) from Swinburne University of Technology. He worked on an Australian Research Council linkage project along with industry partners. His research was mainly in the field of pavement geotechnics, ground improvement and advanced soil and pavement testing. He focused on the geotechnical behaviour of geopolymer stabilized construction and demolition waste materials and investigated Sustainable application of recycled materials in geotechnical engineering applications. He got his Masters of science in Geotechnical Engineering (2011) from Amirkabir University of Technology (Iran). During his master studies he investigated internal erosion of embankment dam Foundations and worked on design and testing of filter materials in embankment dams. Alireza is currently working as a postdoctoral research fellow on an Australian Research Council linkage project at The University of Melbourne.
- Mohammadinia A, Arulrajah A, Horpibulsuk S, Chinkulkijniwat A. Effect of fly ash on properties of crushed brick and reclaimed asphalt in pavement base/subbase applications. Journal of Hazardous Materials. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 321.
- Mohammadinia A, Arulrajah A, Haghighi H, Horpibulsuk S. Effect of lime stabilization on the mechanical and micro-scale properties of recycled demolition materials. Sustainable Cities and Society. 2017, Vol. 30.
- Kua TA, Arulrajah A, Mohammadinia A, Horpibulsuk S, Mirzababaei M. Stiffness and deformation properties of spent coffee grounds based geopolymers. Construction and Building Materials. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 138.
- Arulrajah A, Mohammadinia A, Horpibulsuk S, Samingthong W. Influence of class F fly ash and curing temperature on strength development of fly ash-recycled concrete aggregate blends. Construction and Building Materials. Elsevier BV. 2016, Vol. 127.
- Arulrajah A, Mohammadinia A, Phummiphan I, Horpibulsuk S, Samingthong W. Stabilization of Recycled Demolition Aggregates by Geopolymers comprising Calcium Carbide Residue, Fly Ash and Slag precursors. Construction and Building Materials. Elsevier BV. 2016, Vol. 114.
- Mohammadinia A, Arulrajah A, Sanjayan J, Miri Disfani M, Bo MW, Darmawan S. Strength Development and Microfabric Structure of Construction and Demolition Aggregates Stabilized with Fly Ash-Based Geopolymers. JOURNAL OF MATERIALS IN CIVIL ENGINEERING. American Society of Civil Engineers. 2016, Vol. 28, Issue 11.
- Mohammadinia A, Arulrajah A, Sanjayan J, Miri Disfani M, Bo MW, Darmawan S. Geotechnical properties of lightly stabilized recycled demolition materials in base/sub-base applications. Geotechnical Special Publication. 2015, Vol. GSP 256.
- Soroush A, Shourijeh PT, Aghajani HF, Mohammadinia A, Aminzadeh AH. A review of the sand castle test for assessing collapsibility of filters in dams. Geotechnical Testing Journal. American Society for Testing and Materials. 2012, Vol. 35, Issue 4.
- Soroush A, Shourijeh PT, Mohammadinia A. Controlling Internal Erosion in Earth Dams and Their Foundations: Case Studies. Indian Geotechnical Conference (IGC). 2011.
Level: 02 Room: 210
Engineering Block B, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 8344 1393
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile