Dr Samintha Perera Perera
- CO2 Sequestration
- Coal mining and slop stability
- Rock mechanics
- Unconventional oil and gas extractions
My research aim is to search for novel solutions across a wide range of disciplines with achieving creative opportunities from current and raising issues in earth science engineering
- Ranathunga AS, Perera M, Ranjith PG, De Silva GPD. A macro-scale view of the influence of effective stress on carbon dioxide flow behaviour in coal: an experimental study. GEOMECHANICS AND GEOPHYSICS FOR GEO-ENERGY AND GEO-RESOURCES. Dr Dietrich Steinkopff Verlag. 2017, Vol. 3, Issue 1.
- De Silva GPD, Ranjith PG, Perera M, Dai ZX, Yang SQ. An experimental evaluation of unique CO2 flow behaviour in loosely held fine particles rich sandstone under deep reservoir conditions and influencing factors. ENERGY. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 119.
- Ranathunga AS, Perera M, Ranjith PG, Wei CH. An experimental investigation of applicability of CO2 enhanced coal bed methane recovery to low rank coal. FUEL. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 189.
- Rathnaweera TD, Ranjith PG, Perera M, Ranathunga AS, Wanniarachchi WAM, Yang SQ, Lashin A, Al Arifi N. An experimental investigation of coupled chemico-mineralogical and mechanical changes in varyingly-cemented sandstones upon CO2injection in deep saline aquifer environments. Energy. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 133.
- Perera M, Ranjith PG, Rathnaweera TD, De Silva GPD, Liu T. An experimental study to quantify sand production during oil recovery from unconsolidated quicksand formations. PETROLEUM EXPLORATION AND DEVELOPMENT. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 44, Issue 5.
- Wanniarachchi WAM, Ranjith PG, Perera M, Rathnaweera TD, Lyu Q, Mahanta B. Assessment of dynamic material properties of intact rocks using seismic wave attenuation: an experimental study. ROYAL SOCIETY OPEN SCIENCE. The Royal Society Publishing. 2017, Vol. 4, Issue 10.
- Rathnaweera TD, Ranjith PG, Perera M, De Silva VRS. Development of a laboratory-scale numerical model to simulate the mechanical behaviour of deep saline reservoir rocks under varying salinity conditions in uniaxial and triaxial test environments. MEASUREMENT. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 101.
- Ranathunga KS, Perera M, Ranjith PG, Rathnaweera TD, Zhang XG. Effect of Coal Rank on CO2 Adsorption Induced Coal Matrix Swelling with Different CO2 Properties and Reservoir Depths. ENERGY & FUELS. American Chemical Society. 2017, Vol. 31, Issue 5.
- Sampath KHSM, De Silva LIN, Perera M. Effective usage of poker vibrator for compacting quarry dust: an application to ground improvement in shallow foundation design. GEOMECHANICS AND GEOPHYSICS FOR GEO-ENERGY AND GEO-RESOURCES. Dr Dietrich Steinkopff Verlag. 2017, Vol. 3, Issue 1.
- Zhang D, Gamage RP, Perera M, Zhang C, Wanniarachchi WAM. Influence of Water Saturation on the Mechanical Behaviour of Low-Permeability Reservoir Rocks. ENERGIES. MDPIAG. 2017, Vol. 10, Issue 2.
- Perera M. Influences of CO2 Injection into Deep Coal Seams: A Review. ENERGY & FUELS. American Chemical Society. 2017, Vol. 31, Issue 10.
- Wanniarachchi WAM, Gamage RP, Perera M, Rathnaweera TD, Gao M, Padmanabhan E. Investigation of Depth and Injection Pressure Effects on Breakdown Pressure and Fracture Permeability of Shale Reservoirs: An Experimental Study. APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL. MDPI AG. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 7.
- Rathnaweera TD, Ranjith PG, Perera M, Bandara KMAS, Wanniarachchi WAM, Ranathunga AS. Investigation of relative flow characteristics of brine-saturated reservoir formation: A numerical study of the Hawkesbury formation. JOURNAL OF NATURAL GAS SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 45.
- De Silva VRS, Ranjith PG, Perera M, Wu B, Rathnaweera TD. Investigation of the mechanical, microstructural and mineralogical morphology of soundless cracking demolition agents during the hydration process. MATERIALS CHARACTERIZATION. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 130.
- Kumari WGP, Ranjith PG, Perera M, Shao S, Chen BK, Lashin A, Al Arifi N, Rathnaweera TD. Mechanical behaviour of Australian Strathbogie granite under in-situ stress and temperature conditions: An application to geothermal energy extraction. GEOTHERMICS. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 65.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile