Mr Lawrence Molloy
- Infrastructure, Water and Energy Systems
Lawrence Molloy is a resource engineer with direct experience in the commercialisation and development of water and energy technologies. Currently he is supporting the expansion of MSE through MSE2025 with a focus on water and future infrastructure.In this role he is assisting in the establishment of a UoM research centre in Mildura. Lawrence is active in the development of drone sensing solutions within MSE. He is also responsible for facilitating the open drone meeting and the development of the University's risk management strategy on drones.
His technology development work in the past includes hollow fibre membranes, the heat needle, seawater desalination, energy recovery and high temperature down hole pumps.
As a resource engineer he has explored for geothermal resources in Saipan and Papua New Guinea. As an engineer with 20+ years of experience that reflects achievements in the corporate world, academia and entrepreneurship accomplishments include:
- International technology scout for a major Japanese water and power equipment company
- Expertise in the development of strategic partnerships, new market growth and the coordination of research
- Executive Director of the Foundation for Geothermal Innovation. A non-profit focused on advancing geothermal technology and policy (2007–2010)
- Commissioner of the Port of Seattle, 2nd largest port district in the U.S.
- Recipient of a Federal Gold Medal for Exceptional Service for his work on Civil Rights and the Environment (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency)
- Former corporate liaison to the U.S. EPA, Dept. of Energy and The White House US-Japan Foundation, Scott M Johnson Fellow
- Molloy L. The Lemelson Meeting: Designing a Global Geothermal Challenge. . 2009.
- Molloy L. Variations in seawater salinity and temperature. Water: Journal of the Australian Water Association. Australian Water Association. 2009, Vol. 36, Issue 3.
- Molloy L. Zero emission industries: the role of consulting engineering firms. 91st Air & Waste Management Association's Annual Meeting & Exhibition. Air & Waste Management Association. 1998.
- Worden R, Gutenson D, Keach S, Molloy L. A Guidebook to Comparing Risks and Setting Environmental Priorities. . 1993. Editors: Martin D.
- Molloy L. Applications of Comparative Risk to Developing Nations. 9th World Clean Air Congress. 1992. Editors: Hart GS.