Dr Biju George
- Urban Water Management (Water Cycle Management)
- Water Resources Management (Surface water hydrology)
Dr Biju George is a Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
- water cycle modelling
- water allocation modelling
- irrigation system operation and modelling
- irrigation infrastructure management
- urban-water demand modelling
- water-energy nexus
- Moallemi E, Aye L, Webb J, De Haan F, George B. India's on-grid solar power development: Historical transitions, present status and future driving forces. RENEWABLE & SUSTAINABLE ENERGY REVIEWS. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 69.
- Perera KC, Western A, Nawarathna B, George B. Comparison of hourly and daily reference crop evapotranspiration equations across seasons and climate zones in Australia. AGRICULTURAL WATER MANAGEMENT. Elsevier. 2015, Vol. 148.
- Moallemi E, De Haan F, George B, Webb J, Aye L. Dynamic modelling of energy transitions using a coupled modelling-narrative approach. 21st International Congress on Modelling and Simulation (MODSIM). Modelling and Simulation Society of Australia and New Zealand. 2015. Editors: Weber T, McPhee MJ, Anderssen RS.
- Teluguntla P, Ryu D, George B, Walker JP, Malano H. Mapping Flooded Rice Paddies Using Time Series of MODIS Imagery in the Krishna River Basin, India. REMOTE SENSING. MDPI AG. 2015, Vol. 7, Issue 7.
- Rathnayaka K, Malano H, Maheepala S, George B, Nawarathna B, Arora M, Roberts P. Seasonal Demand Dynamics of Residential Water End-Uses. WATER. MDPI AG. 2015, Vol. 7, Issue 1.
- Rathnayaka K, Maheepala S, Nawarathna B, George B, Malano H, Arora M, Roberts P. Factors affecting the variability of household water use in Melbourne, Australia. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. Elsevier Science. 2014, Vol. 92.
- Raigama Arachchige K, Western A, Nawarathna B, George B. Forecasting daily reference evapotranspiration for Australia using numerical weather prediction outputs. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology. Elsevier Science. 2014, Vol. 194.
- Aye L, Nawarathna B, George B, Puthravilakom Sadasivan Nair S, Malano H. Greenhouse Gas Emissions of Decentralised Water Supply Strategies in Peri-urban Areas of Sydney. The Security of Water, Food, Energy and Liveability of Cities: Challenges and Opportunities for Peri-Urban Futures. Springer. 2014. Editors: Maheshwari B, Purohit R, Malano H, Singh VP, Amerasinghe P.
- George B, Western A, Nawarathna B, Farquharson R, Bond N. How does the degree of river regulation influence the impact of climate change on downstream flow regimes?. Practical Responses to Climate Change. Engineers Australia. 2014.
- Nune R, George B, Teluguntla P, Western A. Relating trends in streamflow to anthropogenic influences: a case study of Himayat Sagar catchment, India. Water Resources Management. Springer. 2014, Vol. 28, Issue 6.
- Davidson A, Malano H, Hellegers P, George B, Nawarathna B. Valuing the Water Used in Peri-urban Regions of Hyderabad, India and in Western Sydney, Australia. The Security of Water, Food, Energy and Liveability of Cities: Challenges and Opportunities for Peri-Urban Futures. Springer. 2014. Editors: Maheshwari B, Purohit R, Malano H, Singh VP, Amerasinghe P.
- P S S, George B, Malano H, Arora M, Nawarathna B. Water-energy-greenhouse gas nexus of urban water systems: Review of concepts, state-of-art and methods. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. Elsevier Science. 2014, Vol. 89.
- P S S, Malano H, George B, Arora M, Nawarathna B. A System Dynamics Framework for Assessing the Environmental Sustainability of Urban Water Systems. 8th Conference on Sustainable Development of Energy, Water and Environment Systems. SDEWES Centre. 2013.
- Nune R, George B, Malano H, Nawarathna B, Davidson A, Ryu D. An Assessment of Climate Change Impacts on Streamflows in the Musi Catchment, India. 20th International Congress on Modelling and Simulation (MODSIM2013). 2013.
- Akuraju V, Ryu D, George B, Ryu Y, Dassanayake K. Analysis of root-zone soil moisture control on evapotranspiration in two agriculture fields in Australia. 20th International Congress on Modelling and Simulation (MODSIM2013). 2013.
Level: 04 Room: D405
Engineering Block D, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83446876
F: +61 3 83446868
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile