Environmental Hydrology and Water Resources Group
Modelling is a key tool in many areas of environmental analysis today. Research in our group aims to both further develop modelling approaches for a variety of purposes, particularly in the field of water and catchment management, and also uses modelling as a tool in addressing other research problems that we work on. The group has a wide range of modelling expertise.
Most of our modelling is undertaken in the follow areas:
- water quantity and quality modelling of surface and groundwater systems
- water resouce systems modelling
- hydraulic and ecohydrological modelling
- statistical and stochastic modelling
- remote sensing retrieval algorithms and
- model-data assimilation.
A significant aspect of our modelling work involves integration of models across the water domain.
Professor Andrew Western
The Department of Infrastructure Engineering
University of Melbourne
Victoria 3010 Australia
T: +61 3 8344 7305
F: +61 3 8344 6215